Dallas, Texas

Unanswered: Accessing Individual Table Cells

Hi, all.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I am having some trouble working with MS Access. I am currently working on an inventory system.

The inventory system is for a pizzaria. When the user enters the customer's order, the toppings are subtracted from the Inventory table.

What I'm trying to do is link from a form to an individual cell in a table. The link needs to subtract from the Inventory table in each cell, but I cannot get it to accomplish that. How would I go about finding a solution?

to remove the pizza topping from the main stock holding

1. use a combo attached to a query - this way you can select the product ie Ham from the combo it will show you the "in stock" on a form.

2. beneath the "in stock" text box place an unbound text box which you can enter whats removed ( i am assuming that you have a pre-determined potion for each seving) enter the amount of potions that you want to use on the pizza ( this could be one for small - 2 for medium - 3 for large and so on)

in the unbound text box place the code below in the AFTERUPDATE section and it should adjust your In-stock quantities as they are selected -

Private Sub removestock_AfterUpdate()

Me!InStock = Me!InStock - Me!Removestock

Me!Removestock = ""

End Sub

if you ned more help let me know i have some thing around here used for this type of situation