Unanswered: Naming a new Table from vb

Hi,

I wish to use a make table query to generate a new table for records over the previous calendar year. For example in Jan 2004 I would generate a table called 2003 and then in Jan 2005 I would generate another new table called 2004 which would contain all the 2004 records. I would be doing other bits too in this new table (which I can handle).

My question "is there a way to name the new table using vb and the table name would have the name of the previous year, e.g 2003?

Hope this is clear.

Happy Easter

Frank

Re: Naming a new Table from vb

Originally posted by Frank O'Donovan
    Hi,

I wish to use a make table query to generate a new table for records over the previous calendar year. For example in Jan 2004 I would generate a table called 2003 and then in Jan 2005 I would generate another new table called 2004 which would contain all the 2004 records. I would be doing other bits too in this new table (which I can handle).

My question "is there a way to name the new table using vb and the table name would have the name of the previous year, e.g 2003?

Hope this is clear.

Happy Easter

Frank
    Use object TableDef for create the new table and a query for add record to that table.
    Saludos
    Norberto

Thanks for your reply.

I want to name the new table on running the make table query without needing to manually name the table.

Frank

Originally posted by Frank O'Donovan
    Thanks for your reply.

I want to name the new table on running the make table query without needing to manually name the table.

Frank
    You can use the system date with the format sentence to obtain the name of the table in the property name of the object tabledef when you create the table ( use an concatenate string ), then you don´t have to put nothing.
    Saludos
    Norberto