Unanswered: Help newbie here. Need to share my database.

Hi all,

Pardon me for I am not a very technical guy.
    I am currently doing a Telecommunications project which requires my team to constantly update and access a database. The database is in MS Excel format.

I'm wondering if there is an easier way to share the data. Would MS Access be a better solution? Am I able to change the way I input the data to a web base one?

It would be a lot better if my engineers could access and amend the database anyway, instead of coming back to the office to do so.

As I know nuts about programming, so please don't tell me to do any programming.

Please also keep in mind we have to keep the cost to a minimal.

Kenn

Re: Help newbie here. Need to share my database.

Originally posted by Kentt
    Hi all,

Pardon me for I am not a very technical guy.
    I am currently doing a Telecommunications project which requires my team to constantly update and access a database. The database is in MS Excel format.

I'm wondering if there is an easier way to share the data. Would MS Access be a better solution? Am I able to change the way I input the data to a web base one?

It would be a lot better if my engineers could access and amend the database anyway, instead of coming back to the office to do so.

As I know nuts about programming, so please don't tell me to do any programming.

Please also keep in mind we have to keep the cost to a minimal.

Kenn
    What do you really want, a system for access a local Access Data Base or a system for access your Access Data Base by internet.....
    Saludos
    Norberto

I need to Access Database by internet. But if that is too expensive and requires programming, I will settle for a local one.

Can you enlighten me? Please help to provide a step-by-step guide.

Originally posted by Kentt
    I need to Access Database by internet. But if that is too expensive and requires programming, I will settle for a local one.

Can you enlighten me? Please help to provide a step-by-step guide.
    Kenn

If you know nothing about Access or Visual Basic is to dificult to do....a system that work fine....
    Saludos
    Norberto

ColdFusion Programmer

Please email me with what you would need done. I may have some cost effective method that I could supply you, either on the web or for a local installation.

Email Address: Patriot@the-patriot.net

Thanks and hope I can help,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs