Exclamation Unanswered: Upgrade Informix

Hello everyone,

I need some notes on upgrading Informix 4.xx to 7.xx on Sun Solaris. Please provide some links where i can learn more abt upgrading informix on solaris.

Hi,

Can you tell me what kind of product. The 4 version surely is a standard engine (SE). But the seven could be a SE or an IDS. Can you alsospecifu the full version numbers, something like SE 7.25.UC2 or IDS 7.31.UD4

Upgrading between SE version 4 and 7 ins't that big a problem, upgrading from SE 4 to IDS 7 is no upgrade but a product change. (But you'll notive a lot of performance gain in the last situation).

Sorry, but without the product type (SE/IDS) I can't give you any hints/tips.

Greetz,

Rob Prop

Informix SE

hi

Thanks for ur reply.Its actually Informix4.xx SE to 7.xx SE.

plz give me some info ASAP.

regards

Hi,

Did you already take a look at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/7887b.pdf

This is the SE migration manual. It has a special chapter about migrating from SE versions prior to 6.0

Please informa me of your status,

Rob Prop

Thanks Rob

I'm downloading the pdf file now will have a look at it, hope it helps .In the mean time if you have any other links or material kindly forward to me at your earliest.

regards

hi Rob

plz give me any other links also for upgrade to informix 7.2 from version 4 on Solaris.

thanks for your support.

bye