Unanswered: Setting values of 2 combo boxes w/ same row source and eliminating duplicates

I've got two combo boxes that work really closely to what I want, but they've still got 2 problems:

(1) When you make a selection with one combo box, the value of the other combo box should be (programatically) set, but as it is now I have to select the right value from each combo box individually.

Both combo boxes get their values from the same table, same record, but different columns, so it seems easy that when the value of one combo box gets set, the other should too automatically.

(2) Both combo boxes have duplicates in their drop down lists. How do I fix that?

My database is attached.
    -Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Setting values of 2 combo boxes w/ same row source and eliminating duplicates

um...try putting the word DISTINCT between the word SELECT and the beginning of your criteria in your rowsource area in the properties window. that'll kill duplicates, solving problem #2. i did that first, and i don't get problem #1. if i go to the portugese tab and go to "mentir" and then switch to spanish tab, it's got the correct mentir conjugations in the fields. so you should be good.

Originally posted by etalent
    I've got two combo boxes that work really closely to what I want, but they've still got 2 problems:

(1) When you make a selection with one combo box, the value of the other combo box should be (programatically) set, but as it is now I have to select the right value from each combo box individually.

Both combo boxes get their values from the same table, same record, but different columns, so it seems easy that when the value of one combo box gets set, the other should too automatically.

(2) Both combo boxes have duplicates in their drop down lists. How do I fix that?

My database is attached.
    -Thanks!
    Last edited by jmahaffie; 04-12-04 at 13:03.

That did it

Originally posted by jmahaffie
    um...try putting the word DISTINCT between the word SELECT and the beginning of your criteria in your rowsource area in the properties window. that'll kill duplicates, solving problem #2. i did that first, and i don't get problem #1. if i go to the portugese tab and go to "mentir" and then switch to spanish tab, it's got the correct mentir conjugations in the fields. so you should be good.
    That's got it! Thanks, thanks, thanks, and thanks some more! I might need help with one other thing. I'll come right here first. Thanks again!

-Dave