Question Unanswered: pervasive 7 odbc

we use an app that uses pervasive 7. The app works fine, but accessing the database with odbc is really weird. If someone runs a report from the app itself, then whatever date range they chose in the application is the range of data that I see through odbc. example. If someone runs a report in the app date range 1/1/04-1/7/04 then I access the table in odbc, all i see is info from 1/1/04-1/7/04.

Is this a problem with our database? or is it just my ignorance of pervasive? Can anyone tell me what is going on? btw odbc dll is w32btint.dll.

Any help would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 4
    First, Does the report in the app use ODBC?
    Second, what tool are you using ODBC with (Access, ASP, etc)?
    Third, what is the SQL statement you are using?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Originally posted by mirtheil
    First, Does the report in the app use ODBC?
    Second, what tool are you using ODBC with (Access, ASP, etc)?
    Third, what is the SQL statement you are using?
    1. The reports are done with crystal reports and they do use odbc, but I believe the app itself changes the information before opening the report.

2. Visual studios.net to just browse the data.

3. The script I use is very simple, I doubt it is the problem. The record set changes based on date ranges selected in the app (i didn't right the app). example if i look at a table then use the app to run a report with diffrent date range then look at the table again, it is different.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Provided Answers: 4
    1. Crystal Reports can't change data from what I've seen. The application may change the data and if that's the case, then there's nothing you can do. That being said, I don't think the app is changing the data because that could lead to data integrity problems.
    2. COnsidering Pervasive.SQL 7 hasn't been supported since before VS.NET came out so there's no telling how it's going to behave. Have you tried the script using SQL Scope or Access or MS Query or some other ODBC tool?
    3. What's the script? If it's that simple then you're right, it shouldn't be a problem. How about posting a segment of the code?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Originally posted by mirtheil
    1. Crystal Reports can't change data from what I've seen. The application may change the data and if that's the case, then there's nothing you can do. That being said, I don't think the app is changing the data because that could lead to data integrity problems.
    2. COnsidering Pervasive.SQL 7 hasn't been supported since before VS.NET came out so there's no telling how it's going to behave. Have you tried the script using SQL Scope or Access or MS Query or some other ODBC tool?
    3. What's the script? If it's that simple then you're right, it shouldn't be a problem. How about posting a segment of the code?

Ok, you are misunderstanding the situation. I am just browsing the data with visual studios using an odbc interface. I could be using access or whatever. So there is no SQL Script to be run (select * from table1 if that is what you need.)

The Application is something we purchased years ago, we do not have source code for it, but it would be very helpful if i could write a sql script that could access all the data.

I am trying to understand how the betrieve part works with the odbc (scalable sql) part. Does anyone know enough about the betrieve requester to enlighten me?