Thread: Time Clock

Question Unanswered: Time Clock

I have been asked to make a time clock for my company. I have created everything except for a report that will give me the number of hours and minutes worked. Can some one help me with the expression to use to come up with total number hours worked between the clock in time and the clock out time. This will only be used in the report section of MS Access. Thanks, James

Re: Time Clock

=[TimeOut]-[TimeIn]
    i'm assuming you have a textbox on your form to hold the results of the expression. put the above expression in the controlsource property of the textbox. set the format of the textbox on your report that holds the result to "short time." if someone clocks in at 11:00am and out at 7:45pm it'll give you "8:45" as a result. good luck.

Originally posted by James4582
    I have been asked to make a time clock for my company. I have created everything except for a report that will give me the number of hours and minutes worked. Can some one help me with the expression to use to come up with total number hours worked between the clock in time and the clock out time. This will only be used in the report section of MS Access. Thanks, James
    Last edited by jmahaffie; 04-12-04 at 16:18.

I tried it and it did not work, then I fixed a different problem and what do you know..... IT WORKED. Thanks.