Unanswered: Adpative Server Anywhere 6: Updating rows

Hi,

I dont really have any database experience. Wich is why i want to ask a question here. We have moved an applications database to another drive, and inside that database are rows wich contains the old filepaths.

Personally i dont think this is possible..however im going to ask just in case. Is there a way to go through all tables and rows searching for e.g... "G:\Database\..." and changing it? or is this just impossible? the software using the database does not come with a solution for this problem (idiotic..sure..)

Hopefully someone out there is kind enough to help me out a bit. If this cannot be done with a simple SQL script or similar.. then ill just have to think of something else.

Thanks in advance,
    Mojoo

Re: Adpative Server Anywhere 6: Updating rows

I found this script at another site and it does exactly what I need it todo. But it doesnt look like it works with Sybase. I rememeber trying to use the "REPLACE" function wich works with Microsoft SQL.. but it didnt work on Sybase.. so can anyone provide a conversion of that script maybe? so that it works with Sybase?

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_server_...nd_replace.htm

Thanks in advance,
    Mojoo

Originally posted by mojoo
    Hi,

I dont really have any database experience. Wich is why i want to ask a question here. We have moved an applications database to another drive, and inside that database are rows wich contains the old filepaths.

Personally i dont think this is possible..however im going to ask just in case. Is there a way to go through all tables and rows searching for e.g... "G:\Database\..." and changing it? or is this just impossible? the software using the database does not come with a solution for this problem (idiotic..sure..)

Hopefully someone out there is kind enough to help me out a bit. If this cannot be done with a simple SQL script or similar.. then ill just have to think of something else.

Thanks in advance,
    Mojoo

The easiest way to do this is to upgrade your database to ASA 7 or 8. REPLACE is available starting ASA 7.0.2 onwards