Question Unanswered: Connection Issue

Hi all,

I have installed MySQL on a Windows2k box and am able to connect to it locally (both 127.0.0.1/localhost) however, I am not able to connect to it by the given IP (18.80.xx.xx) I tried telnet'ing to this IP on port 3306, but no connection.

I am installing an instance of Convea (groupware system) and need to be able to connect remotely.

Is there a simple way to change the IP's that MySQL listens on? Thanks!

Re: Connection Issue

Originally posted by cratediggah
    Hi all,

I have installed MySQL on a Windows2k box and am able to connect to it locally (both 127.0.0.1/localhost) however, I am not able to connect to it by the given IP (18.80.xx.xx) I tried telnet'ing to this IP on port 3306, but no connection.

I am installing an instance of Convea (groupware system) and need to be able to connect remotely.

Is there a simple way to change the IP's that MySQL listens on? Thanks!
    Do you have firewall installed on that host (where mysql is running)?

Be sure that you enable networking in your MySql configuration
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Networking is enabled for MySQL, I am able to connect to 127.0.0.1 - I do believe it is behind a firewall at some point on the network (I am an outside contractor) but there is no firewall running on that specific machine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Originally posted by cratediggah
    Networking is enabled for MySQL, I am able to connect to 127.0.0.1 - I do believe it is behind a firewall at some point on the network (I am an outside contractor) but there is no firewall running on that specific machine. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    If that machine is behind firewall then there must be connection allowe from your host to db server.