Unanswered: Error while doing DTS from INFORMIX to MSSQL

Dear All,

I'm using the DTS to transfer data from Informix 7.30 UC9 to MS SQL 2000 Enterprise. The tables I'm transferring contains data for BaaN ERP.

While transferring certain tables, I am successful. On some, I get an error that says "Data overflow". It was caused by "DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP".

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks!

I have seen it caused many of times in my experience with data conversion. It is generally caused when a date is incorrect.

BOL confirms Infomix information:
    The Informix ODBC driver is not supported for use with DTS.
    The Merant Informix OLE DB provider is supported for DTS imports from Informix, but not DTS exports to Informix. This driver also cannot be used to import meta data.

The Intersolv Informix ODBC driver is supported, but with the following restrictions:
    BLOBs cannot be exported to Informix.

When creating new tables on Informix, the DTS Import/Export Wizard will incorrectly map the SQL Server 2000 datetime columns to the Informix 'Datetime year to fraction' data type. Manually change this to the Informix Date type.

The DTS meta data import will not import Informix catalog or table information.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for such a speedy reply!

I've heard about this "Merant OLE driver" but I can't seem to download it from anywhere. Any clues?

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Satya
    I have seen it caused many of times in my experience with data conversion. It is generally caused when a date is incorrect.

BOL confirms Infomix information:
    The Informix ODBC driver is not supported for use with DTS.
    The Merant Informix OLE DB provider is supported for DTS imports from Informix, but not DTS exports to Informix. This driver also cannot be used to import meta data.

The Intersolv Informix ODBC driver is supported, but with the following restrictions:
    BLOBs cannot be exported to Informix.

When creating new tables on Informix, the DTS Import/Export Wizard will incorrectly map the SQL Server 2000 datetime columns to the Informix 'Datetime year to fraction' data type. Manually change this to the Informix Date type.

The DTS meta data import will not import Informix catalog or table information.