Unanswered: Copying files with PL/SQL

Can anybody tell me how can I copy and delete plain files with PL/SQL package?. I'm using UTL_FILE built in package but I can't find any function to do this. My server is Windows 2000 and this files are placed on valid "utl_file_dir" directories.

Thanks

Re: Copying files with PL/SQL

Not sure if that is supported. But I imagine you could call an external procedure that ran a batch file or script (ie Perl) do to the copy.

Provided Answers: 1

In 10G there is UTL_FILE.FCOPY to copy files. and in 9i there is UTL_FILE.FREMOVE to delete files. In earlier versions you would have to write your own Java-based procedures (e.g.) to do this.

Provided Answers: 1

See this link for how to delete files via Java: http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/oracle...8i/ch09_09.htm

Originally posted by andrewst
    See this link for how to delete files via Java: http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/oracle...8i/ch09_09.htm
    Thanks, I'm working with Oracle 8i, so I'll try to solve this with a Java procedure.

I created an external procedure (in C from code off Oracles site) that creates a batch file that then runs if thats of any use
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those that know Binary and those that don't.