Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    Unanswered: feature datasets

    can someone please define a feature dataset?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    557
    Could you describe more of where you heard that term from? I tried to look it up but all I got was a bunch of powerpoint presentaions.

    A feature dataset.

    Hope I can help somehow,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

    Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    557
    I just looked at your other post where no one has replied to you. I saw where feature datasets are some how tied to geodatabases some how in my googling. If you could describe your project a little bit more or why you need the information I might be able to come up with a feasable answer :-/ sorry I dont have anything to help right off the top of my head.

    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

    Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    feature datasets

    Originally posted by JSThePatriot
    I just looked at your other post where no one has replied to you. I saw where feature datasets are some how tied to geodatabases some how in my googling. If you could describe your project a little bit more or why you need the information I might be able to come up with a feasable answer :-/ sorry I dont have anything to help right off the top of my head.

    JS
    I am doing an exercise in a geodatabase class and one of the questions is simply 'what are the feature datasets' in the database.

    In looking for a definition of feature dataset i have run into a brick wall

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    557
    Do you have a class book that you could possibly look in the index or glossary?

    I am sorry I have be unable to help thus far.

    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

    Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by JSThePatriot
    Do you have a class book that you could possibly look in the index or glossary?

    I am sorry I have be unable to help thus far.

    JS
    I have looked not there
    when going to ESRI websites they tell u how to create one but at no point define what it is
    thks for ur help

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by jtmckee
    I have looked not there
    when going to ESRI websites they tell u how to create one but at no point define what it is
    thks for ur help
    feature dataset is a collection of feature classes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •