Exclamation Unanswered: Generic Help on a few Issues (Access 2000, MSDE 2000)

Hi, my first post I've been reading this forum for a little while now, there's some excellent information within. I have a few issues that possibly someone, if they're willing, could give me a few pointers on.

Firstly, I moved a backup of a database (that is located on a server running SQL Server 2000, I was not able to just simply copy the .mbf file to my workstation since its in use, and I cannot detatch it (its the backend db for the entire accounting system)) to my workstation, and I attemped to restore this DB using osql and MSDEManager2000, so I can develope a solution that connects to accounting data on my workstation.

This is the error I recieve in osql:
    1> RESTORE DATABASE master FROM DISK ='C:\files\data\CDTData_db_200404130100.BAK'
    2> go
    Msg 3108, Level 16, State 1, Server CODER\BLUELINK, Line 1
    RESTORE DATABASE must be used in single user mode when trying to restore the master database.
    Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Server CODER\BLUELINK, Line 1
    RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I tried to research on how I could either restart MSDE in Single User mode or login to MSDE (in osql) in single user mode (if possible), but no luck.

The other problem I'm having is: I created a new database in MSDEManager2000, then connected to it successfully in Access as an access project, and attempted to create a table, but the table creation window disappears immediately. The other operations work ok, such a create a view, form, etc. When I try to start a new Access Project w/ new database, and connect to MSDE to create the DB, I get an overflow. strange.

Anyhow, thanks a lot, I'll continue researching to find solutions, but no luck as of now at all. (and not sure where to continue to search)

Update: (5mins later) My download of SQL Server Books Online has completed, and I have installed it. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE GOLD MINE OF INFORMATION! First search query, I was able to find the command line parameters for starting sqlserver in single user! I am about to try this moment. If someone could please post a solution/information about my other issue I would greatly appreciate that.

Update 2.0:
    "The backup of the system database on device
    C:\files\data\WFIData_db_200404130100.BAK cannot be restored because it was
    created by a different version of the server (134217922) than this server
    (134218262)."
    damn.
    Last edited by ubergodden; 04-13-04 at 13:08.