Unanswered: Multiple Page Custom Web Forms with FMP6 Unlimited

I have created rather long and extensive forms and I'm serving them using FMP 6 Unlimited. I want to be able to break the forms up over multiple pages so that the scroll bar is used minimally. There has to be an easy way to do this. Any ideas? Basically, it comes down to whether I have Javascript store the values and insert them into hidden fields on the following forms, or find some way for FMP to create a record, then allow the following forms to modify that existing record. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    --
    Chevell

Re: Multiple Page Custom Web Forms with FMP6 Unlimited

Originally posted by chevell
    I have created rather long and extensive forms and I'm serving them using FMP 6 Unlimited. I want to be able to break the forms up over multiple pages so that the scroll bar is used minimally. There has to be an easy way to do this. Any ideas? Basically, it comes down to whether I have Javascript store the values and insert them into hidden fields on the following forms, or find some way for FMP to create a record, then allow the following forms to modify that existing record. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    --
    Chevell

why not pass a CMDL token or you could use a cookie, but that is not nearly as clean. Bob Bowers & Steve Lane have a book that deals with CDML and PHP in great detail- best book I've seen on the topic...

thanks,

Joe

Re: Multiple Page Custom Web Forms with FMP6 Unlimited

Hi, there! No need to do anything special at all, actually! The very first page the user visits would create a new record with the -new action tag. Page 2 would be the -format page of that 1st one and would list your next set of data... just make sure you include the [FMP-CurrentRecID] tag and perform an -edit action. Page 3 would be the -format page for Page 2 and would also have the [FMP-CurrentRecID] and -edit, and so on... The user keeps editing the same record over and over again but you change what parts of the record that are presented. You can even fill the form objects with the [FMP-field: myfield] tags so that they can go back and edit their responses at any time.

If they are returning from a previous day's session or something, you'll have to allow them to perform some kind of search to uniquely identify the desired record. If you want, you can store the recID in a token or cookie but this is probably unnecessary unless you are doing other things simultaneously and might lose the recID.
    --ST