Unanswered: importing from web questionnaire results

I've read through a lot of queries on similar lines on your forum - importing from text files and from Excel files, and I think I could maybe put together a clumsy system to get the results from my html questionnaire into Access.
    I wonder if any of you have had to do this or might know a good way to do it?
    I get the answers by email with this vertical layout:
    Name=Bloggs
    Firstname=Fred
    Address1=18
    Address2=High Street
    Address3=02260 (area code)
    Address4=Someplace
    Instrument=euphonium (for instance...)
    Key=Bb
    Clef=Bass
    Orchestra= etc etc etc

I found some interesting SED programming on the forum but I'm not sure I could work it.
    It's probably easy enough to put this into a text file, cut out the headers Name, Firstname etc if necessary and change the "=" signs into commas, but I'd really like to try to build a nice way to get it into Access without too many steps. I'll be handling about 1000 entries which will come in over about three months.

Thanks in advance
    Keith

What Email program do you use? I am sure if you use Outlook that since it is a Microsoft product that there is some way to do it from there.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

A good thought - I'll look into that.
    In fact I receive the email in Outlook, though where I'm staying at the moment I use Outlook Express so I'll check out Outlook this evening when I get home.
    In fact when in Outlook I use the Word editor so I just need to check out what I can do from Word to Access. I think I saw some threads which deal with that.
    I must confess that I started to explore Access yesterday so I don't yet really know how a table fits in to the data base etc etc
    many thanks for the tip
    All the best
    Keith

Wow!

Exploring the possibilities of exporting and importing both in Outlook, Access and Internet Explorer has opened vast new worlds.
    My email information came in to a table in Access as you suggested.
    Quite how to incorporate that into the database escapes me for the present and I think I have a lot of work to do in formatting the information so that it arrives in the right column with the right name - I'll work on that.
    What staggers me is that it would seem that I can make a web data transfer page within Access! This should therefore give me data immediately assimilated into my database?

I need to get some coaching with Access. Are there any sites which do this like there are for learning web page creation?

Thanks once again - I feel I'm on the right track
    Keith

I dont know of any websites that do that. The best I have been able to find is dbforums.com. If you can ask a specific question here it will eventually get answered. Maybe we should start offering tutorials here at dbforums.com.

If you find a website that does what you speak of let me know. I will save it in favorites and recommend it when needed.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Glad we could help,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

I just found

... and printed a 24 page introduction to Access on the MS Education site
    http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=O2kTutorial
    The titel is:
    Access 2000 (837 KB Microsoft Word file)

Towards the bottom of the page.
    I see it talks about creating a web data access page - that may well be what I'm looking for.

I've pulled my web questionnaire page into Access successfully. Now I will try to find out how to link all the categories to the database and see how the answers come in through email.

First I'm going to go through this simple tutor to learn the basics.

Your offer of future help has not gone un-noticed...
    Many thanks
    Keith