Unanswered: How to use msgbox in ASP

Hi,

Can u please tell me how to use message box command which we normally use in visual basic in ASP?
    Thanx

you mean using a javascript alert box so the client gets a standard message box type thing??

basically you get your server side script to write some client side script. what exactly are you trying to achieve though as there are different ways to do this type on thing depending on your requirements....

Originally posted by rokslide
    you mean using a javascript alert box so the client gets a standard message box type thing??

basically you get your server side script to write some client side script. what exactly are you trying to achieve though as there are different ways to do this type on thing depending on your requirements....
    Hi there,

Well, i just need a msg boz to pop up in the login interface when the user enter the right password which has been validated in a processing form which is in vbscript.So when i'm in the processing form, i need a msgbox to pop in the login interface which state Invalid User and need the user to type again.
    Thanx

Normally with an error message like this in asp you would write the error out the the page itself and not use a pop up message box....

If you really want to use a popup message box you want to force a javascript function to be called when the page loads...

You can do this by adding a page onload event to the body element of your webpage and have a javascript function which uses alert to pop up a message...

eg
    Code:
    <html>
      <head>
        <script language="javascript">
        function showMessage(){
          alert("Your login failed");
        }
        </script>
      <head>
      <body onload="showMessage();">
        ... your page in here ...
      </body>
    </html>
    in your asp you will have to determine if the login failed then write the onload section if it is needed.

Originally posted by rokslide
    Normally with an error message like this in asp you would write the error out the the page itself and not use a pop up message box....

If you really want to use a popup message box you want to force a javascript function to be called when the page loads...

You can do this by adding a page onload event to the body element of your webpage and have a javascript function which uses alert to pop up a message...

eg
    Code:
    <html>
      <head>
        function showMessage(){
        }
        </script>
      <head>
        ... your page in here ...
      </body>
    </html>
    in your asp you will have to determine if the login failed then write the onload section if it is needed.
    HI

If i put in this code, wouldn't it pop up everytime i load the page.
    If i load the page for the first time to key in my user name and password, thel logical flow to it would be wrong rite.I just wan the msgbox to pop up after i key in an invalid username or password which is processed in other file.
    Please help
    Thanx

like I said
    so to expand for those who need it....
    Code:
    <html>
      <head>
        function showMessage(){
        }
        </script>
      <head>
    <%if mylogin = false then%>