Angry Unanswered: Results from Cube and underlying datamart are not matching - urgent please

When I check the totals for various dimensions in the database which is used for my cube, I get the correct results (I have tallied them with the results from my OLTP)...

But when I browse my cube (using the same parameters, or should i say dimension combination) i get different results as compared to what I mentioned earlier

Please guide/help.

Maybe this additional information can help you recommend a solution to my problem (quoted below):

The datatype for the field/column under question in my datamart is float (which is giving me the correct results). What should I change the Data Type of my measure in the Cube Editor to ??? to get the same results?

When I check the totals for various dimensions in the database which is used for my cube, I get the correct results (I have tallied them with the results from my OLTP)...

But when I browse my cube (using the same parameters, or should i say dimension combination) i get different results as compared to what I mentioned earlier

Please guide/help.

Provided Answers: 54
    My guess is that the float math is producing rounding errors. Because the cube aggregates the data to different levels than a single "galactic" select against the underlying OLTP table.

Real columns are convenient at the row level, but they make it impossible to do solid analytics against the data, because of the problems that cumulative floating point errors introduce.

-PatP