Thread: Qry Reference

Unanswered: Qry Reference

In ADOX the Catalog object has a Procedure collection. I want to refer to a qry in my Access db within Procedure collection but I can't if the qry hasn't a parameter.Why?

Smile Re: Qry Reference

Originally posted by NonLinear
    In ADOX the Catalog object has a Procedure collection. I want to refer to a qry in my Access db within Procedure collection but I can't if the qry hasn't a parameter.Why?
    Try using the tables collection of the Catalog object. Look for the Table.Type of "View".
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

Ok. You are right. Thanks. But is it right that the Procedure collection has only the qries which have parameters?

Smile

Ok. You are right. Thanks. But is it right that the Procedure collection has only the qries which have parameters?
    This is some info from a book I have so I won't take credit.

Views are stored Jet SQL statements that return a rowset without parameters and without multiple SELECT statements, such as union queries have.

The ADOX Procedures collection contains all the Access queries that do not belong to the Views collection. These include parameter queries, action queries, and an assortment of other queries, such as union queries and cross-tab queries.

Hope this helps.
    Gregg

It's clear now.But is it oxymoron (strange) why Views collection is a type of Table collection? (Views in ADOX belongs to Table though Views is a qry)

It's clear now.But is it oxymoron (strange) why Views collection is a type of Table collection? (Views in ADOX belongs to Table though Views is a qry)
    With the ADO object model there are a number of ways to accomplish the same task and refer to things. I have found that there are generally specific benifits to each method. It makes it pretty flexible but interesting to get used to.
    Gregg