Question Unanswered: Uninstalling DB2 8.1.5 Run-Time Client

I have problems uninstalling DB2 8.1.5 Run-Time Client on Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0. I have tryied uninstall number of times from control-panel "add / remove programs" but the uninstall crashes every time to a memory fault (something like memory at some address can not be read) while it is preparing to uninstall. The crash happens during the first progress bar when it is doing some "preparing command scripts" or something so the actual uninstall does not even begin before the crash. The program crashing is the windows installer (msiexec.exe).

I have tryied both remove and alter (with uninstall selected later) but they both crash just the same on two separate machines. So the guestion is why is this happening and how can I get rid of this DB2 8.1.5 RTC in a civilized manner? Anyone else having difficulties with 8.1 uninstall?

Has somebody installed and then succeeded in uninstalling DB2 UDB 8.1.5 clients on WIN2k?

For me unistall always halts to MsiExec.exe error "Command at address 0x77fcc00b referenced memory address at 0xfffffff8. Memory can not be 'read'. Press ok to quit."

This happens while it is preparing to uninstall so nothing gets done.

If I install only Run-Time Client I can not get it uninstalled. If I install also Application Development Client then I can get Run-Time Client uninstalled but not Application Development Client. Everyway I have tryied this ends up the same : the last DB2 client refuses to uninstall by same error. I get the very same error on multiple machines, mainly I have tryied to uninstall the Run-Time Client.