Unanswered: JS-ASP Session Handling

Hi,

I am working on JS-ASP Java System ASP which is an engine for running ASP pages on Solaris machine.

Everything is working fine but,when session expires it gives Page not found error.

We are checking for session variables for blank on each page and handle it, but still it says page not found.

Any solutions?
    Sachi

So what do you do when you have no session variables??

need to show home page

Hi,

if the session.variable is blank we show the homepage and say "session expired" this works fine on windows,but doesnt on linux/solaris
    Sachi

Hmmmm,... so you redirect to the login page??

I'm wondering if your redirect is failing because your url is being processed differently or somehing... I had something similar a while back...

I've never used JS-ASP Java System ASP so I really don't know what would cause the problem otherwise...

no problem on windows

we dont encounter this problem on windows based machines,it is only on unix based machines.
    Sachi

Yeah, I read that,... like I said, I wonder if the redirect is handle differently in the linux version you have.... as opposed to a problem with the handling of the session variables...

response.redirect is used and it works fine

response.redirect is used in many other places in the website,but it gives problem when session expires
    Sachi

Hmmmm,....okie, I really don't know what it might be then... if you want to post code I'd be happy to look it over... but if it is a JS-ASP pecularity than I can't really help sorry.