Unanswered: replication question

I have a transactional replication set up Between servers a as publisher and b as subscriber with tables aaa and bbb.
    If i make a change on table aaa on the subscriber side should it over written by the value of the publication table value.

means

i have table aaa

id name date

1 bbbb 7/7/77

I have changed name as cccc on subscriber side, should it be over written to bbbb which is the value on publisher table.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 54
    Transactional replication is a "one way street", from the publisher to the subscriber(s). You can enable RPC calls to funnel changes from the subscriber back to the publisher, but these aren't enabled by default. They are also a positive pain in the patoot to maintain!

Methinks thou desires Merge replication, bubba!

-PatP

Thanks and I appreciate your response But, I was not asking whether the changes in the suscriber effects at publisher or not?If i made a change at subscriber like changing name from bbbb to cccc.So now the name at publisher database is bbbb and at subscriber is cccc.
    Does the changed name at subscriber database(cccc) will be overwritten as bbbb which the name at publisher database. or it will be cccc at subscriber and bbbb at publisher.If it wont over write that name at subscriber how can we maintain same name at both the ends.
    Thanks.

Provided Answers: 54
    Nothing will automagically force an update at the subscriber, but the next update to that row at the publisher will either a) update the name value at the subscriber, b) ignore the name value at the subscriber, or c) cause the replication distribution agent to fail. Which of the three will be determined by a combination of subscription and distributor settings.

-PatP