Thread: Date Problem

Exclamation Unanswered: Date Problem

I'm designing database to keep track of Patient who will be enrolling in clinical study. Each patient are ask to come to visit clinic such as 2 week visit.....4 week visit....etc. I have created subfrom which will keep track all this info. Subform have "cboVisitType" "DateIn" "NextVisit" and "chxMissed"

Now this is where my problem starts: Whatever patient doesn't come for there visit user click on "chxMissed" that's fine. But what if user comes to visit few days after there 2weeks visit for example if they were to come on 04/14/04 but actully they came on 04/20/04. How can i keep track of this ? Also if the patient doesn't come for 2 weeks visit that patient has basically Day 12 to Day 21 to come for that visit.

Please help me out with this. I have been trying to come out with solution but nothing is working out.

Thanks in advance
    Skharva

As the end user will need absolute accuracy in the data recorded, its vital that attendance is recorded equally as accuratly due to to the very nature of the outcomes analised.

In the database that you are considering it is important to record the appointment date and ACTUAL attend date for each client. This will need a situation where every appointment record is accompanied with an alternative. this way not only will you record date differences on attendance but also where dates need to be changed due to "other" reasons.

A small query will be able to call all the changed dates for them to be monitored.

Adding a pop up calendar will also be a nice touch for the user as seasonal holidays - special events can be quickly seen and alternatives inserted. May also be useful to place a small memo field in there where the user can place a "reason" for non attendance, another important data point to carry for the stats later.

As for forward planning its possible to have the attended date (bound text box) with the next date (bound text box) which is controlled by entering how many days are to lapse between appointments ie entering 10 to 14-04-04 using dateadd will give 24-04-04 or using the calendar will allow for a double click on a date to populate a table for you

rgds
    gareth

Originally posted by garethfx
    As the end user will need absolute accuracy in the data recorded, its vital that attendance is recorded equally as accuratly due to to the very nature of the outcomes analised.

In the database that you are considering it is important to record the appointment date and ACTUAL attend date for each client. This will need a situation where every appointment record is accompanied with an alternative. this way not only will you record date differences on attendance but also where dates need to be changed due to "other" reasons.

A small query will be able to call all the changed dates for them to be monitored.

Adding a pop up calendar will also be a nice touch for the user as seasonal holidays - special events can be quickly seen and alternatives inserted. May also be useful to place a small memo field in there where the user can place a "reason" for non attendance, another important data point to carry for the stats later.

As for forward planning its possible to have the attended date (bound text box) with the next date (bound text box) which is controlled by entering how many days are to lapse between appointments ie entering 10 to 14-04-04 using dateadd will give 24-04-04 or using the calendar will allow for a double click on a date to populate a table for you

rgds
    gareth

Can you clerify little bit more about what you mean by using dateadd ? Do you have any example that i can see ? Sorry i'm new to VB..

I can post my db if it would help

Thaks for your help
    Skharva

What he said is to use two fields, one for appointment date/time and actual visit date/time.

This way you can record when appointments were and when someone actually came in for the appointment if they are different.
    KC