Columbus, OH

Exclamation Unanswered: Need Help : Calculating Time Between Calls

I'm fairly new to Access and don't get to use it very often. Recently I have been confronted with a problem I just can't seem to figure out a solution for (or even find on online). This is what I doing...

I import these records from a call center that logs information such as Callers Extention, Callers Name, Call Start Time, Call End Time, Etc.

So say I get John Smith who made 20 calls throughout the day. I'll get something like:

John Smith, Start: 11/01/2003 10:19:09 AM, End 11/01/2003 10:28:00 AM

John Smith, Start: 11/01/2003 11:21:37 AM, End 11/01/2003 11:24:01 AM

I've got an Elapsed Time Module running to calculate the Duration of the calls (in the format like "8 Minutes, 11 Seconds"). Which works fine, but what I need is a way to calculate the downtime between the calls.

For instance the difference between the Call End Time of call #1 and the Call Start Time of call #2.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to reference the previous End Time in order to make this calculation.

If someone could help me out here I'd be most appreciative.

If you are importing these records then you could add a field to denote the call sequence of any given caller, such as "Call_No" 1,2,3 and so on. Then you could use a query to self-join the table based on the computed next/prior call sequence number to bring in the call time field to do the same datediff style calc you are using to compute the call times. Areal simple way to do this is by using dlookup. Though this is a bit slow for large recordset.