Unanswered: Converting MDB to MySQL? Thoughts anyone

Hi All,
    I was just wondering if...

a.) It is a good idea to convert from a Microsoft Access 2000 Database to a MySQL database
    b.) It is POSSIBLE (if so, how?) to convert from MDB to MySQL?

PS: one of the reasons I am asking this is that I am learning Apache/PHP/MySQL in college and we are using an MDB here at work. It would be nice to create a web interface using HTML/JavaScript/PHP to do all interaction with the database.

Thanx beforehand for all the feedback / input
    Last edited by shassouneh; 04-14-04 at 17:10.

Re: Converting MDB to MySQL? Thoughts anyone

For what its worth, ColdFusion supports links to an Access MDB. Works like a charm!

Winston Abernathy

I personally love ColdFusion, I program in it myself. There are many methods. I hear FrontPage can link to Access on the web as well. Then of course there is PHP or ASP.

Hope that helps a bit,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

mySQL comes with an ODBC driver.

So working with mySQL should not be much different than being connected to a SQL Server backend.

I assume you should be able to export table definitions and data. Make Links. Import. etc., just like any other ODBC database.
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalProgram
    mySQL comes with an ODBC driver.

So working with mySQL should not be much different than being connected to a SQL Server backend.

I assume you should be able to export table definitions and data. Make Links. Import. etc., just like any other ODBC database.

thanx for the feedback Everyone. I know I cna probably get connectivity through ODBC using MySQL to access the tables, etc..

However, is there a way to export the front end (forms, VBA code, etc...) to save myself from re-creating everything by hand using html/javascript/php ?

Thanx