Unanswered: Move scrollbar on a form

Hello,

I have a form with a vertical scrollbar. When a user hits a button, I want the scrollbar to move up.

How do I do this please?

Thx,

Phil

PS ACC97

Is this scroll bar a part of a list box or the entire form?

If its just a detached scrollbar you should be able to move it simply like any other object on the form. Check if it's locked, in the properties for the item.

You are wanting to have a button floating on the form? so you dont have to have the scroll bar later or something?

JS

Explain a bit more please.
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Do you want to move the scroll bar in it's entirety, or by "scrollbar to move up" are you saying that you want the have the page representation in the scrollbar move?
    Ken

Maverick Software Design

(847) 864-3600 x2

It should scroll up.

The scroll bar is part of my detail section of the form.

What I have is a detail section full of controls (labels, combo's,...), they are unbound. Their values are set on load; each time the users presses next at the bottom of the form, I show a new set of values in those controls. It's like showing records in sets of 20, with a next button at the bottom.

What I want to accomplish is that when a user hits the button, the scrollbar scrolls up, so he can immediately see the first of the new set.

Gtrz

I'm leaving work for today, so i cant look into it in detail, but I think you can do something with the "On Updated" event procedure.

Write a bit of code that does SetFocus on the first record?

Come to think of it, you probably dont even need to bother the scroll bar, just write an even procedure on update of the entire form to set focus on the first record... Maybe thatll work.

Thanks, the setfocus worked great!

Hi,
    Maybe you could try using the "gotopage" method of the form:

me.GoToPage 1, -1500, -1500

I use this bit of code in order to get my form to be scrolled left and up on activation event.

Re: resolving issue by changing design of the form, I find it tricky in the organisation where I work as screen resolution/size varies with users.

I hope it helps.

Arnaud