Unhappy Unanswered: "publish it with microsoft word"

Hello all,

I am running a database with restricted user access ie no file menu etc. When a user wishes to save a report they click the "publish it with microsoft word" button in the menu bar on the screen. It publishes the data fine, however if there are any check boxes in the report, it does not publish them at all! Even stranger if you choose to publish the report in excel, it goes completely loopy and puts fields all over the place!

Is this just me of a universal problem.

Thankyou

Jnr.

Never publish a report to excel (not design for that).

I don't know if controls (checkbox) can be published to word though. The value should be (-1 or 0).

Unless you want to edit the report after the fact, distribute you reports another way, snap shot (you can distribute the view for free) or PDF, you can get a free pdf printer and print your reports to PDF (cutePDF is free)

S-

Originally posted by sbaxter
    Never publish a report to excel (not design for that).

I don't know if controls (checkbox) can be published to word though. The value should be (-1 or 0).

Unless you want to edit the report after the fact, distribute you reports another way, snap shot (you can distribute the view for free) or PDF, you can get a free pdf printer and print your reports to PDF (cutePDF is free)

S-
    Thanks for that, however as the organisation does not allow "rouge" applications flying around the users have to stick with simple options... hmmm some rethinking needed!

Thanks again.

Jnr.

I don't know If I would consider PDF Printer a "rouge application" It acts like a printer on you system, but create a file instead of printing to paper, but you know your organization best. Good Luck

S-