Unanswered: DB2 8.1 client cannot catalog DB2 7.2 server !

hi all,

i have two DB servers 1st with DB2 8.1 FixPack 5 under AIX 5.1.5, 2nd with DB2 7.2.9 FixPack 11 under AIX 4.3.3

i want to have a client under windows that can access both DB2 servers

1st, i tried DB2 7.2 client, it can catalog DB2 7.2 server and DB2 8.1 server, but the command center gives erros and also the control center

then, i tried to install DB2 8.1 client, it can only catalog the DB2 8.1 server, failed to catalog the DB2 7.2 server with the following err messags :

SQL1325N The remote database environment does not support the command or one of the command options.

need yr help
    hany heggy,
    IBM certified Professional, AIX system support
    www.melodyhits.tv

Provided Answers: 1

Re: DB2 8.1 client cannot catalog DB2 7.2 server !

Originally posted by hanyheggy
    hi all,

i have two DB servers 1st with DB2 8.1 FixPack 5 under AIX 5.1.5, 2nd with DB2 7.2.9 FixPack 11 under AIX 4.3.3

i want to have a client under windows that can access both DB2 servers

1st, i tried DB2 7.2 client, it can catalog DB2 7.2 server and DB2 8.1 server, but the command center gives erros and also the control center

then, i tried to install DB2 8.1 client, it can only catalog the DB2 8.1 server, failed to catalog the DB2 7.2 server with the following err messags :

SQL1325N The remote database environment does not support the command or one of the command options.

need yr help
    See if information here:

http://www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/da...n=r0009731.htm

can help you.

You should able to connect manually to DB2 v7.0/v8.0 servers from either V7 or V8 clients. But There are some limitations when you tried to use any DB2 tools ( like control center, command center etc ..). Some tools will not work at all or some functionality of tool will not work.
    I noticed that Control Center of V8 clients doesn't work with V7 server.

Try to catalog & connect to database using command line.

Kuckoo

check , if have DB2 Admin server ( DAS) is setup , started

if DAS not created or startted , that will make you control center does n't work properly

Hope that may help you

Lekharaju Ennam