Thread: OLEDB error

Question Unanswered: OLEDB error

I don't know if this made it to the forum earlier. I am developing an ASP application tied to an Access database on my local machine. When I try to run the page(I am using Dreamweaver as the developing platform) I get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    /MSR/MSRForm.asp, Line 11

Line 11 reads as follows:

cnn.open application("MSR")

MSR is the name of the application and the Access database. Can you tell me what I've done wrong? I've attached a text copy of the global.asa file I am using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not sure if your connection string is correct or not, but before you do you connection do a response.write application("MSR") to ensure your application variable has been set properly (just to debug).

Originally posted by rokslide
    I'm not sure if your connection string is correct or not, but before you do you connection do a response.write application("MSR") to ensure your application variable has been set properly (just to debug).
    The connection string was correct. I had the global.asa file in the wrong directory. It had to be in the directory where the default page is located.