Post Unanswered: FileMaker 7 Trial

I have problem with using FileMaker 7 as HOST database with using of ODBC driver (DataDirect SequeLink 5.4). At previous versions it worked very simply, but at this version very poorly - too much complicated and with some changes (according manuals) now nothing is working!

Now I can't help. Only re-install whole installation and again...

Does anybody has some experience to help? Please.

Re: FileMaker 7 Trial

Originally posted by krundzo
    I have problem with using FileMaker 7 as HOST database with using of ODBC driver (DataDirect SequeLink 5.4). At previous versions it worked very simply, but at this version very poorly - too much complicated and with some changes (according manuals) now nothing is working!

Now I can't help. Only re-install whole installation and again...

Does anybody has some experience to help? Please.
    me too, got a lot trouble. I can not even have Sequelink 5.4 identified by ODBC administrator.

Re: FileMaker 7 Trial

Originally posted by meng
    me too, got a lot trouble. I can not even have Sequelink 5.4 identified by ODBC administrator.
    ) That was the same problem to me while I have installed FileMaker 7 and ODBC driver. The solution is: de-install ODBC driver (re-installing doesn't work), than install (once again) and everything will work.

When you will be able to see that ODBC Sequelink 5.4 is identified by ODBC administrator just make a connection to your FM database - basic settings are: Host: localhost (if you are connecting to FM from the same PC), Port: 2399 and database - just click on the small button (with 3 dots) and you choose the name of active FM database (FM database have to be opened!). Take care that you have enabled (in FM ODBC sharing).

Those settings sounds funny, but I have lost 2 days to find out how to set-up. DataDirect (provider of SequeLink driver) has no ANY support for 'non-registered' users, niether FileMaker (this is 'not their' product) and ODBC documentation is made primary for client & server applications - only at single addtion is possible to find a brief explanation.

Good luck!