Thread: Table Sizing

Question Unanswered: Table Sizing

I am in the process of creating oracle tables. I know the number of records for each table.

Is there any oracle table sizing sheet where I plug in the data and obtain the required table sizing ?

Aravind

Re: Table Sizing

Originally posted by aravindvin
    I am in the process of creating oracle tables. I know the number of records for each table.

Is there any oracle table sizing sheet where I plug in the data and obtain the required table sizing ?

Aravind
    I think TOAD will do this for you.
    -cf

Re: Table Sizing

Originally posted by chuck_forbes
    I think TOAD will do this for you.
    -cf
    Say if TOAD specifies that size should be 100K, then what should I give for

1. Initial Extent
    2. Next extent
    3. Pct Increase.

I am using the tables only for temporary migration purposes. Not used for any application or anything like that.

Aravind

If you are only using the table for temp migration, I would suggest making the inital extent big eough to hold all the data (100K in your example). Make next the same if you like (100k), and set pctincrease to 0

Just suggestions ..
    Regards
    Dbabren

Here's a little script that you can run to "guesstimate" the size of the table.... That is assuming that you know the number of columns and the average row size and the number of rows in the table...

For next_extent ... determine how many rows fit in a block, how many more rows will be added to the table and go from there ...

HTH
    Gregg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Originally posted by gbrabham
    Here's a little script that you can run to "guesstimate" the size of the table.... That is assuming that you know the number of columns and the average row size and the number of rows in the table...

For next_extent ... determine how many rows fit in a block, how many more rows will be added to the table and go from there ...

HTH
    Gregg
    If you're letting Oracle manage your extents, you shouldn't need to specify a STORAGE clause for your table, correct?

-Chuck