Unhappy Unanswered: URRR Confused...

Hey,
    I'm pretty new to access but am having some really annoying problems and was hopeing someone here could perhaps help.

Basically I've got a couple of tables. The main table is really the one which is 'Customers', which contains all their info. This customer table gives each new user an Unique ID for easy reference. This is also the Primary Key.

When making forms such as 'Car Details' the following pieces of are required then stored in the 'Car Details' table. These are Customer Id, Company Name and Vehical Registation Number. I want Customer ID and Customer Name not to be a field where you enter your own data in the form, instead I want it so you can get a dropdown box of already stored pieces of infomation from Customers table.

Finally If I have a table such as

|CustomerID|CompanyName|Address|TelephoneNumber|

And a form which has a dropdown box where you can select CustomerID, and then when the CustomerID is selected then the form updates the Address label with the appopriate address which would have been looked up using the Id selected..

This might be a little confusing but if anyone can help me please do.
    THX

What you are trying to do is rather simple but unfortunately a little long winded to explain here. If you could E-Mail a sample of your database I'll be glad to set it up so that you can see how this can be accomplished.

Talking

Thanks. That would be very helpful.

Btw what is your email ( PM me it ) Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    Judging by your name and your subject matter... Are you making a database for a garage/mod shop or something?

Just curious..

I'm trying to make a database for a tyre fitter...

Ooo. Another reason why I am saying this is because when I make a new Job I need to produce a invoice which I am doing using mailmerge with word. Since my new job form only requires customer ID as the only piece of infomation from the Customer table it means that when the invoice is created I need to somehow use the CustomerID to search the Customer Table and find other details from the customer table such as address using the ID supplied before.