Question Unanswered: ??????????????????

I have main form and subform with in my mainform.

Main form CustID format is XXX-XXXX-X-X (ex: 123-4567-8-9)

Now in my subform i have OrderId which i want to be same format as CustID. Only diff it would is the last digit in Order ID. So for example if CustID is 111-1111-1-0 then OrderID would be 111-1111-1-1 next OrderID should be 111-1111-1-2. Is it possible in Access that i can do something so that the User don't have to type in the whole CustID in OrderId field.

I would somehow like my user to only enter the last digit of OrderID since all the other digit will be same as CustID. How can i do this ?
    Skharva

sure.

In your tables, drop the last character of the cust-id.
    Have a seperate field for the last digit in the Order-ID

In each place the Cust-Id is displayed or printed, add "-0" to the value so that it shows up correctly.

make the cust-id field the "parent-child" for your subform, and use some code to index the seperate "last character" field.

when a new record is added to the sub-form, access will automatically add the value of the "Parent field" into the "Child field".

Have fun!

Originally posted by tcace
    sure.

In your tables, drop the last character of the cust-id.
    Have a seperate field for the last digit in the Order-ID

In each place the Cust-Id is displayed or printed, add "-0" to the value so that it shows up correctly.

make the cust-id field the "parent-child" for your subform, and use some code to index the seperate "last character" field.

when a new record is added to the sub-form, access will automatically add the value of the "Parent field" into the "Child field".

Have fun!
    Do you have any example of how this works or code ?
    Skharva

Use the DMax function, with the cutd-id as filter (providing that narrows the search sufficiently) and then add 1 to it.