Thread: Access SECURITY

Angry Unanswered: Access SECURITY

I enabled user level security on one of my databases, but now i have 2 problems.

1) when other people open the database on their computers, the login dailogue doesnt open, they can just go in.

2) now whenever i open any database on my computer, the login window pops up.

is there any way to make the security work on any computer that opens this database? and can i make it work on ONLY this database?

if not, if anybody knows an easy way to just get rid of it altogether, that might be best.

please help,
    TIA,
    Jonah

You migh want ot consider making your own security measures.

Unhappy well...

i would consider that if i could get rid of the security thats already there

Re: Access SECURITY

Originally posted by jonah9
    I enabled user level security on one of my databases, but now i have 2 problems.

1) when other people open the database on their computers, the login dailogue doesnt open, they can just go in.

2) now whenever i open any database on my computer, the login window pops up.

is there any way to make the security work on any computer that opens this database? and can i make it work on ONLY this database?

if not, if anybody knows an easy way to just get rid of it altogether, that might be best.

please help,
    TIA,
    Jonah
    1) Set the WorkGroup Administrator to use an MDW other than the System.mdw

2) Don't do that on your machine ...

Yes. If you use a shortcut you can pass a parameter to use the appropriate workgroup file ...

Unhappy thanks

thanks for the tips, but it didnt solve my problem, maybe i misunderstood. i created a new mdw file using the security wizard but the login screen still pops up regardless of what database i open. Now i just want to get rid of the security all together. How can i do this?