Question Unanswered: bar and pie chart ?

How do I draw bar chart and pie chart using Perl/CGI that display results that are from database ? Please help...

Hi,

for creating charts I recommend to use the GD::Graph module. It's available at cpan.org.

An example for using GD::Graph : http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue83/padala.html
    board.perl-community.de - The German Perl-Community

Originally posted by reneeb
    Hi,

for creating charts I recommend to use the GD::Graph module. It's available at cpan.org.

An example for using GD::Graph : http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue83/padala.html
    i know u can use the GD::Graph to draw, but i have difficulties in installing this module.

I have submitted my post just before I have seen your thread about the problems in installing this module...
    board.perl-community.de - The German Perl-Community

Re: bar and pie chart ?

Originally posted by stevencl2000
    How do I draw bar chart and pie chart using Perl/CGI that display results that are from database ? Please help...
    I use the GD modules as well... the only problems I had were getting the C library libgd to install properly. The perl libs sit on top of this and a few other modules.

Originally posted by jgeniec
    I use the GD modules as well... the only problems I had were getting the C library libgd to install properly. The perl libs sit on top of this and a few other modules.
    Thanks to you that i can managed to get my GD module running. I tried the sample codes for GD, and an error appear as below:

Software error:
    Can't call method "plot" on an undefined value at c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\bulletin\bulletin.cgi line 101.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

Originally posted by stevencl2000
    Thanks to you that i can managed to get my GD module running. I tried the sample codes for GD, and an error appear as below:

Software error:
    Can't call method "plot" on an undefined value at c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\bulletin\bulletin.cgi line 101.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

You need to include some code, this isn't enough info. But I would guess that you have:

$somevar->plot(...)

at line 101. It might be complaining because $somevar was not initialized properly.