Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    29

    Question Unanswered: bar and pie chart ?

    How do I draw bar chart and pie chart using Perl/CGI that display results that are from database ? Please help...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    167
    Hi,

    for creating charts I recommend to use the GD::Graph module. It's available at cpan.org.

    An example for using GD::Graph : http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue83/padala.html
    board.perl-community.de - The German Perl-Community

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    29

    ...

    Originally posted by reneeb
    Hi,

    for creating charts I recommend to use the GD::Graph module. It's available at cpan.org.

    An example for using GD::Graph : http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue83/padala.html
    i know u can use the GD::Graph to draw, but i have difficulties in installing this module.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    167
    I have submitted my post just before I have seen your thread about the problems in installing this module...
    board.perl-community.de - The German Perl-Community

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    11

    Re: bar and pie chart ?

    Originally posted by stevencl2000
    How do I draw bar chart and pie chart using Perl/CGI that display results that are from database ? Please help...
    I use the GD modules as well... the only problems I had were getting the C library libgd to install properly. The perl libs sit on top of this and a few other modules.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    29

    Re: bar and pie chart ?

    Originally posted by jgeniec
    I use the GD modules as well... the only problems I had were getting the C library libgd to install properly. The perl libs sit on top of this and a few other modules.
    Thanks to you that i can managed to get my GD module running. I tried the sample codes for GD, and an error appear as below:

    Software error:
    Can't call method "plot" on an undefined value at c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\bulletin\bulletin.cgi line 101.

    Can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    11

    Re: bar and pie chart ?

    Originally posted by stevencl2000
    Thanks to you that i can managed to get my GD module running. I tried the sample codes for GD, and an error appear as below:

    Software error:
    Can't call method "plot" on an undefined value at c:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\apache\cgi-bin\bulletin\bulletin.cgi line 101.

    Can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

    You need to include some code, this isn't enough info. But I would guess that you have:

    $somevar->plot(...)

    at line 101. It might be complaining because $somevar was not initialized properly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •