Unanswered: resize subform to number of records shown in this subform

Hi there,
    I am currently working on a HR-database and have to make a nice form (input) and nice report (output) of that data in Access.

I made a subform of the necessary data of the career-history of the persons (datasheet-view) and imported that into a form and linked the subform to the person's ID. This gives me for each person in the form all career-history data. That works fine.
    But the thing is that I have to make it look nice (there is more data on the form than just this career-history).

But the number of records per person's history varies, sometimes it is just 1 line, other times it can be up to 8 or more lines. So, I have to find a way to automatically adjust the subform's area-size to the number of records shown in the subform.
    Is there a way to do that?

Later on I also have to do the same in the report thing I guess (am not sure yet) , but I guess that works quite similar...

Tnx for helping me out,
    Dave

Try setting "can grow" and "can shrink" properties to "yes" if subform properties under the format tab.

Same for any object on froms and reports...

You can leave can shrink with no and resize the subform to accomodate for 1 line to be sure. Also note that this doesent move anything bewlow the subform down to accomodate for the growth, so if you dont want things overlapping dont have anything below the boxes you set to can grow.

Tnx for replying,
    I already tried the thing you were suggesting, but indeed the problem is that there are other fields below that certain subform which don't move when the subform changes...
    Is there no other solution??

By the way, in the report part it seems to work fine...

Dave

thers (almost) always a solution....

Create a new group for the form, stick the other stuff in the detail section and stick your subform in the header of the new group.

Even better... just stick the subform in the page header.