Question Unanswered: Deploying Access 2003 app to Win 9x client

Is anyone aware of any issues re deploying a system built in Access 2003 to Windows 9x clients? I am about to deploy a recent solution but just noticed on the Office 2003 Pro box that it says "Requires Windows 2000 or Windows XP."

Provided Answers: 1
    Well uh.. the answer is on the box duder...

Teddy - Not necessarily so. The solution goes to the client in packaged form with the Access Runtime.
    But if you are telling me from experience that after packaging it the solution will not work, then, thanks for the response.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by TechnicalAli
    Teddy - Not necessarily so. The solution goes to the client in packaged form with the Access Runtime.
    But if you are telling me from experience that after packaging it the solution will not work, then, thanks for the response.
    I would be EXTREMELY wary of releasing a finished product to a paying client on a platform that is not designed to work with your application.

2k3 has problems porting to just 2k properly, I wouldn't even touch 9x.

Teddy, thanks.

I have so far seen no info to suggest a compiled and package version of the solution will not work. Remember Visual Studio .NET? You can only install it on Win NT/2000/XP environments but I've never heard anyone suggest not to deploy solutions to Win9x!

I'm confirming with some guys who should know. I'll feedback here.

I bow to your superior knowledge Teddy. Everything I have read says I need to rebuild and repackage using Access97 to be sure of success on Win98 environments. Another sad decision by Billy Boy.