Unanswered: I need a hand please!

Objective: I want the primary key "InvoiceID" to be the same on all data sheets.

First, I created 16 data sheets. All of them with a primary key called "InvoiceID".

Then, I designed an Invoice Form in which all data sheets are included.

Q?: Can I assume that by creating a one-to-one relationship between "Datasheet1 and Datasheet2", and another between "Datasheet2 and Datasheet3", by default there's one between "Datasheet1 and Datasheet3"?

Q?: What's the best approach to this?

Your help is appreciated, thank you!

Re: I need a hand please!

Below I assume that by "data sheets" you mean tables.

If that field is the primary key field AND is set to be autonumber, then NO.

Create a new autonumber field (in each table) as the main index, then make your field for each table in question here a normal number field (not autonumber) accepting unique values only, perhaps(..?... are you going to need to store different records based on the same number in any of the tables, then accept duplicate values). Depending on if there is always a one-to-one relationships between tables based on this field, you may do that across the board (all tables).

Sometimes you do not even need that extra autonumber field, just make sure your main field is not a autonumber field, although it is often preferable to include one.

Anyway, if you can give a more detailed description on how the solution should work - perhaps this is not the proper solution to your case, depending on issues that is not described in your first posting.

D.

Re: I need a hand please!

Below I assume that by "data sheets" you mean tables.

You're right...

If that field is the primary key field AND is set to be autonumber, then NO.

Well, they're set to autonumber, so I have to change them...

Create a new autonumber field (in each table) as the main index, then make your field for each table in question here a normal number field (not autonumber) accepting unique values only, perhaps(..?... are you going to need to store different records based on the same number in any of the tables, then accept duplicate values).

...one number only per invoice...

Depending on if there is always a one-to-one relationships between tables based on this field, you may do that across the board (all tables).

Can you be a bit more explicit please?

Sometimes you do not even need that extra autonumber field, just make sure your main field is not a autonumber field, although it is often preferable to include one.

now I'm lost... but your help is appreciated in any of the above...