Unanswered: uploading file and attaching to email

I have a form that I want the user to be able to attach a file and upload it with the form, then get the file that was up loaded and send it out as an attachment with an email. I am using CDONTS and I can get the form info to send out in an email as well as an email to the person who filled out the from, but I can not figure oout how to upload a file and then attach it to the email. Anyone out there that can help..

Thanks

breeze76

Re: uploading file and attaching to email

Originally posted by breeze76
    I have a form that I want the user to be able to attach a file and upload it with the form, then get the file that was up loaded and send it out as an attachment with an email. I am using CDONTS and I can get the form info to send out in an email as well as an email to the person who filled out the from, but I can not figure oout how to upload a file and then attach it to the email. Anyone out there that can help..

Thanks

breeze76
    Ok I got the upload file thing solved.. now I need to be able to attach it to the outgoing email... If the file was the same format and name I could do it, but the file or files will be differnt names and types.. so Now I need to attach to the email..

breeze76

Don't know if this might hopefully help but www.asp101.com has some good e-mail examples in the Samples section.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Originally posted by Bullschmidt
    Don't know if this might hopefully help but www.asp101.com has some good e-mail examples in the Samples section.
    Thanks but they do not have anything there that can help.. I have gotten as far as they are.. and i can attach a file if i use a static file name... but i need to be able to use a variable file name to use the file that they upload instead of a file that is already there..

breeze76

Well in the E-mail with Attachment sample perhaps change this:

' Attachment using known static physical path
    .AddAttachment "c:\somepath\somefile.txt"

To be more like this instead:

' Attachment using known static physical path and variable filename.
    .AddAttachment "c:\somepath\" & varMyFilename
    www.Bullschmidt.com

OK will give it a try, I just need to DIM my variables, correct?

breeze76

If you have this toward the top of the page then you must Dim each variable before using it:

<%
    Option Explicit
    %>

And the idea here is that this is a favor to yourself so that you DO get an error if using a variable (perhaps that is a typo or something) that was not explicitly dimmed.
    www.Bullschmidt.com