Unanswered: Replication problem

Hi

I am facing following error message as I am unable to start DSI thread for my user database.

I am using warm standby replication method and version used is
    Replication version is
    Replication Server/12.5/EBF 10505/PC Intel/Windows NT 4.0/1/OPT/Tue Jul 16 19:36:13 PDT 2002

I. 2004/04/19 10:34:45. A parallel transaction has failed in database 'MySrv.DB'. The transaction will be executed individually.
    I. 2004/04/19 10:34:45. Message from server: Message: 11065, State 1, Severity 10 -- ''SET IDENTITY_INSERT' is ON for table 'dbo.user_table'.
    '.
    H. 2004/04/19 10:34:45. THREAD FATAL ERROR #5049 DSI EXEC(124(2) MySrv.DB) - dsiqmint.c(2975)
    The DSI thread for database 'MySrv.DB' is being shutdown. DSI received data server error #11065 which is mapped to STOP_REPLICATION. See logged data server errors for more information. The data server error was caused by output command #1 mapped from input command #3 of the failed transaction.

Can a replication guru help me in solving this issue.

Thanks ..

Wilson

Be sure that
    1) all logins existing on the Primary server are existing in the standby side, using the same suid: each DDL cmmand is executed using the calling user, and not the maintenance user.
    2) the maintenance user is aliased as DBO

Replicatiopn problem

Thanks for your response.

But can you please explain a bit more in details about the calling user.
    What do u mean by calling user..??

Best Rgds

Wilson

On warm Standby environment:

1) each insert/update/delete (DML command) is replicated to the Standby database and executed by the maintenance user

1) each DDL command is replicated to the Standby database and executed by the same user like on the Warm

Thanks for ur replies.

Well it was a reported bug in sybase replication server invloving identity columns and there are workarounds for this.

Have a look at the following link for more info:
    http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebook...kTextView/2235

Rgds

Wilson

Originally posted by fadace
    On warm Standby environment:

1) each insert/update/delete (DML command) is replicated to the Standby database and executed by the maintenance user

1) each DDL command is replicated to the Standby database and executed by the same user like on the Warm

Replicatiopn problem

Hi there

I have yet another problem in repl server.

We are using warm standy repl. method and replicating few of the user tables.
    I checked that replication is true for one of user table in live server but the same is not being affected in DR server, important thing to note is, that for other tables, data is being replicated.

Can anybody what things i should check to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Wilson

what is the status of sp_reptostandby in the affected db ?

sp_reptostandby dbname result is None as we are using table-level replication.

I can see that other table from the active database are getting replicated to warm standby system.

Rgds

Wilson

Are you using a repdef / subscription method rather than the actual warm standby? If so, maybe the subscription is missing for that particular table which is not being replicated.

Can you please print the output of "admin who"

We are not using def/subscriptions method rather its warm standby system.

You can have a look at admin who in attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

The DSI threads are down. Check the errorlog for details on why its down. If there are any failed transactions,

a) Retrieve a list of transactions from the exceptions log using rs_helpexception
    b) Investigate why the transactions failed
    c) Resolve the transactions based on the errors
    d) Resume the connection using "resume connection"

Thanks,
    Vishi

Those suspended DSI threads are not used as those threads are for active databases. and these threads are not used as we are replicating only to warm standby rather than replicating to some additional system.

For testing,I created one table in active as well as standby system and started the replication and I saw that DML statements was replicated to standy user table.

A non clustered index is there for the table which is not getting replicated, which is one of the requirements for replicating data.

and there is nothing in errorlog of ASE servers as well as repl server log file related to this particular user table.

Are you saying the "CREATE INDEX" is not being replicated. If so, then DDL statements wont be replicated if you are using sp_reptable rather than sp_reptostandby.

In order to get it replicated in a table level replication, use

set replication on (explicitly) before the ddl statement

Just one more update on my repl problem,

I can see Duplicates when i give,
    admin who,sqm

Can anybody give me an idea that is it normal to have duplicates (o/p in attachment), if no, what steps i should follow to eliminate those duplicates.

Thx

Wilson
    Attached Files Attached Files