Database help, with a shopping type db

Hello, i need to know how to make a databse like this 1, http://www.alienware.com/Configurato...KU-PERFORMANCE

I would liek to know what software i should use and how to connect it to dreamweaver, also i like how it updates the price, and how the customer can choose there product either by upgrading or downgrading their componentsx which also rises or lowers the price. if anyone is willing to give me some idea or link then pls do, i would be extremly grateful...thankyou very much :-)

jauhar

im guessing it will have to be made of mysql and php, what u guys recommend??

common aint anyone ognna reply, this is getting useless, atleast criticse my question lol.... maybeit can be odne without a db and soley on php

well, I'm guessing you posted that link as a shameless advert for the computer.

If that's not the case...and I suppose I can be fair and give you the benefit of the doubt... The answer is way too complicated. If you know nothing about creating a database then how can anybody tell you how to do it without really building themselves??

Pay me money and I'll build it for you. I do it quite often and I know exactly how.

HJ
    I never met an android I didn't like to take apart and sell as scrap

well i know a bit about ms access, and i just bought a book on php and my sql and apache today, also dude im 16 years old!!! i aint got money lol...i wanna know cas my bro needs it and hes asked me 2 find out about it 4 him...lol i was not advertising there comps and man im trying to do the opposite lol, i wanna compete with them....one day. but in the meantime all i need is the database cas im ace at making the web site. but seems ur not willing to help, only 4 money. so in that case i guess u cannot give me any help. but for the otehr readers, could they give me a link or a push in the rite direction, and i know er diagrams and stuff, its mainly how i make it like the alienware one, with the radio buttons etc, and the automatic update for the price, but thanxs 4 replying

Jauhar

Talking

don't I get any credit for giving you the benefit of the doubt??

I suppose I learned PHP exactly the same way...by just doing it. But the database concept is much tougher.

The best PHP/MySQL reference:
    http://www.phpfreaks.com/quickcode_cats/PHP/1.php

An extensive list of database models:
    http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/index.htm

Programming is something that can easily be learned by just looking at what other people do...and there are tons of examples. You might try searching the Innernet for open-source applications and modify them. Otherwise, search for database and PHP tutorials on the Innernet and learn by experience.

HJ
    Last edited by hobojawa; 04-21-04 at 20:47.
    I never met an android I didn't like to take apart and sell as scrap