Unanswered: Replication Table Permissions

Is there a way to replicate the table permissions from publisher to
    subscriber? I noticed that when replication takes place, the permissions
    that were set up on tables on the subscriber are wiped out. I need the permissions to be send to the subscriber automatically.

Re: Replication Table Permissions

I believe that is not part of the snapshot. However, you can script it and make it the post snapshot script.

Can yoy give me the script or recommend a side with the script because that exactly what i am looking for and can't figure it out as is not discussed on microsoft help

Satya, i don't see anything to do with permissions on the website you send me

As per the BOL :
    How to script replication (Enterprise Manager)
    At the Publisher, open SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand a server group, right-click the Replication folder, and then click Generate SQL Script.

Select the replication component to script (Distributor properties, publications and push subscriptions, or pull subscriptions) and whether you want the script to enable or create the components or disable or drop the components.

HTH
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

I am sorry about this Satya, but i can see only the logins granted for my publicatiom on my Publisher/Distributor, my question is how do you take those permissions automatically to the subsciber?

Quote Originally Posted by msenoelo View Post
    Is there a way to replicate the table permissions from publisher to
    subscriber? I noticed that when replication takes place, the permissions
    that were set up on tables on the subscriber are wiped out. I need the permissions to be send to the subscriber automatically.
    When setting up publishing and given the option to select the tables, views, etc. to publish, you will also see an "Article Properties" button. That will give you the option to copy permissions, which is by default false. Unfortunately, I see no option for permissions of Views, which led me here in a search for why.
    Last edited by Sorgfelt; 08-30-13 at 13:33. Reason: added an exception

Provided Answers: 54
    Views are code, not data. They are for any practical purposes a stored SELECT statement.

As code, they should not be replicated. You move the view once (via scripting), and have the option to script the permissions at that time.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.