Question Unanswered: I canīt use my Access 2000 db on my VB6 program

hey...

when I try lo link my data control, in its Database Name property, and choose the db I made on Access 2000, it says that it doesnīt recognize the file!!!

please, what can I do to solve this?

thanx a lot....

you need to download and install dao 3.6,

Re: I canīt use my Access 2000 db on my VB6 program

Are you using the correct Provider? Are you using ADO or DAO?
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Re: I canīt use my Access 2000 db on my VB6 program

Originally posted by SCIROCCO
    Are you using the correct Provider? Are you using ADO or DAO?

hey... thanks for answering so soon...

I'm using the "regular" data control. the one that comes with the regular toolbox. I don't know if that's DAO or ADO...
    I havenīt added any components...

btw, when I originally had this problem, I turned to use the VisData manager, but I canīt seem to build my db as designed. I don't know how to add relationships between my tables, and how to define my main keys...

You need to install DAO 3.6 from microsoft's site. The original control can only see access 97. With dao 3.6, you can connect to 2000/2002/2003...

Originally posted by Saila
    You need to install DAO 3.6 from microsoft's site. The original control can only see access 97. With dao 3.6, you can connect to 2000/2002/2003...
    hey, Saila, thanx a lot...

listen, I'm looking for the DAO 3.6 download on the Microsoft's site...
    is it Service Pack 4.0????

please bear with me. I know nothing about VB, but thanx to people like you I'm learning a LOT...

thanx again...

I'm not sure of the location on microsoft's site, but it can be downloaded here :

http://www.datagrip.com/Html/distribution.htm

I'm not sure of the location on microsoft's site, but it can be downloaded here :

http://www.datagrip.com/Html/distribution.htm

hey, Saila, thanx...

I actually found on the Microsoft web site, the Service Pack 4.0 download, which supposedly fixes the issue. Now I can use my Access 2000 on my VB6 proyect.

if only I could now figure out how to install it...

thanx a LOT...

Service pack 4 for jet? or Visual Basic? (did you download the single file, or the split files? for vb)

Service pack 4 for jet? or Visual Basic? (did you download the single file, or the split files? for vb)

hey, Saila...

it's SP4 for the entire Visual Studio suite, or individually for Visual Basic, which is obviously smaller (about 58 MB)
    I actually tried to download the single file, but couldnīt, so went and got all 5 separate files...

it did work, btw... very nice!!!

listen, I may have lots of more questions, one of which is how to link my database to a datagrid control... only to display my info...
    may I ask you anything else that may come up, please?

thanx a LOT...

Sure, no problem. Can't promise that I will be able to answer, but will do what I can...

Connecting to a grid is actually much easier than most people think. You just use the data control that is provided, and then add the data grid to your form. Set the datasource of the grid to the control you added, and thats it. The rest is just fiddling with the properties to suit your liking...