Monarca Database Migrator

Monarca is the most powerful enterprise database migrator and re-engineering database tool. With Monarca you can easily import, integrate, transform, validate and migrate data from any-to-any existing databases.

Monarca takes high advantages of the ultimate Java Database Connectivity Technology (JDBC) allowing migrate data from any-to-any JDBC-ODBC database compliant. You can migrate from Oracle® to IBM DB2®, from dBase® to Oracle®, from IBM DB2® to PostgreSQL®, from MySQL® to Microsoft Access®, from Microsoft Excel® to Informix®, etc. Just plug-in your prefer JDBC Driver for your source and target databases and let Monarca do all the job for you.

You can find more information on:

http://www.endiansoft.com/monarca/index.html

I wonder how it accomodates rownum in a move from Oracle to SQL Server?

There are NO silver bullets....
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Whoever it is posting this crud is so ill-informed about ettiquete that they've cross-posted the universe. They don't deserve the amount of attention it will take to delete the message.

-PatP

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
    I wonder how it accomodates rownum in a move from Oracle to SQL Server?

There are NO silver bullets....
    I'm a member of their Beta-Tester Group and I've tested the tool. It's pretty amazing what you can do with it. However, I don't understand what you want to do with rownum. Could you be more specific?

Thanks

Originally posted by Pat Phelan
    Whoever it is posting this crud is so ill-informed about ettiquete that they've cross-posted the universe. They don't deserve the amount of attention it will take to delete the message.

-PatP
    As a note for you, ALL post deserve attention. I posted this information across several forums all related with DATABASE MIGRATION. The tool is very powerful and I think it could help many people with this kind of problems.

as a note for you, rHINOx, you can't just come to this site and tell us what to do

not when you completely disregard the rules

Marketplace
    If you want to advertise products or services, this is the ONLY acceptable forum to use. Alternatively, contact us for some great prices on banner placements.

what part of ONLY acceptable forum you have trouble with?

your posts will be deleted just like they were at that other site where you did this

what a jerk
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about MY product....I mean, wait a second, umm...errr...

Why I must use this tool.
    I can use SQL server import/export wizard well to do anything Monarca can do.
    Give me some reason why I must use monarca!!!

Originally posted by enhydraboy
    Why I must use this tool.
    I can use SQL server import/export wizard well to do anything Monarca can do.
    Give me some reason why I must use monarca!!!
    I've tested the SQL Wizard and this is what I found:

You can't achieve reengineering capabilities with SQL server import/export wizard.
    You can't migrate to any other database than SQL Server.
    You can't validate your data BEFORE send it to your target database.
    You can't transform your data.
    You can't send data across differents datatype fields.
    You can't program process to manipulate your data.
    Etc...

SQL Wizard is a good "tool" for VERY simple SQL Server migrations but can't offer a lot of features you need in real migration scenarios.

Originally posted by rHINOx
    Just for your information, do you know what is Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server? I'm sure you don't know so let me refresh your mind: they are PRODUCTS! that's right!, so if we can't talk about products then why are you doing this? Ohhhh, shame on you... maybe cause you are a complete jerk who don't understand your own words :O

By the way, nice talking to you...
    I have deleted your post from the Oracle forum.

Deleted on DB2 forum also

Thanks to Rudy (r937) for reporting

Sathyaram

Originally posted by andrewst
    I have deleted your post from the Oracle forum.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.