Unanswered: how do I get DDL info for existing databases/tS/Tabels etc

Hi,

How can I get DDL info for all table spaces/tables/indexes etc in a database in OS390 without using thirdparty tools.

Thanks

db2look

hi,

There is a utility called db2look that can generate ddl's for you. It is available on Linux/Unix/Windows.

I don't know whether if it is available on OS390. Please check the availability of the same.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Re: how do I get DDL info for existing databases/tS/Tabels etc

As Nitin says, you can use db2look if you are using DB2 connect ... It works with V8 on the server and DB2 Connect V8 FP 5 on the client ... Not sure if earlier versions could do this ...

But, the output is not that useful as using db2look against a unix db2 database ... When you run against a host database, it generates the basic DDL, but doesn't bother to generate in which tablespace the table or index is in

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by MahendraSetty
    Hi,

How can I get DDL info for all table spaces/tables/indexes etc in a database in OS390 without using thirdparty tools.

Thanks
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

ON OS/390 Platform you need to use IBM "DB2 Admin Tool" or if you have BMC, you can use the BMC Catalog Manager to get the DDLs. You can get DDLs for an object and all its dependents including authorizations.

Yeah we can get DDL info very easily from BMC. What 'DB2 Admin Tool' we need to use to get this info if we dont have BMC ?

Thanks

Originally posted by cdhebar
    ON OS/390 Platform you need to use IBM "DB2 Admin Tool" or if you have BMC, you can use the BMC Catalog Manager to get the DDLs. You can get DDLs for an object and all its dependents including authorizations.

What IBMS 'DB2 Admin tools' are available ?

thnxs

Originally posted by cdhebar

"Admin Tools" is an IBM product. I think, it is bought separately from DB2.

So without using external tools, we cant get DDL INfo. Is this statement correct ? If wrong then why / How to get the DDL info ?

Thanks