Unanswered: access and multiple users help

I am planning to store some data in an MS access db and it's a little tricky because I want people to be able to open the access file so they can manually run reports, but I also need a tool (most likely web-based) for people to automatically enter new rows. They will also need to be able to view the row they entered and attach additional data.

I am not building a full-functioned web tool because I don't want to have to write a bunch of scripts to replicate the reporting functionality built right into access (and don't have the time right now!).

However, I am concerned that there will be issues with people having the access file open and the web tool attempting to write to it. Does anyone have any opinions or advice on this? Is this just a bad idea to begin with??

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Nashville, TN
    I would either recommend that you put it on the web or leave it off. I dont think I would put it both places unless you are going to use SQL Server as your backend and access as your front end. Because SQL could act as the backend for access and the web.

Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting by Patriot Designs