Unhappy Unanswered: Oracle Forms Screen Capture

I'm using Oracle Forms 6i (character based) for a legacy application. I was using Output_File as a command line option to get the screen capture of a form I was trying to load, but all I got in the output file was junk characters. Does anyone know what type of files these are, or what program can view them?

additional info,

also, in fact any screen capture idea would help. simple redirection doesn't work though, or at least yields an unviewable file.

Provided Answers: 4
    Sorry if the question is stupid ... you want to have something like "print screen" as (let's say) jpg file? It is in Windows environment?

Originally posted by Littlefoot
    Sorry if the question is stupid ... you want to have something like "print screen" as (let's say) jpg file? It is in Windows environment?
    No question is stupid, I'm just glad to get a response. It's Oracle Forms 6i Character based, running from a UNIX system and connected to over telnet. The screen capture needs to be done automatically on the UNIX box either from inside the oracle form or directly from the shell. A jpg would work but it would have to be done from the unix side, which was why I was thinking a text file. That's why altprintscreen from the users telnet session won't work either, cause that will be saved to the client's PC.

I see ... well, some of our applications are written in Forms 3.0, which were character-based. Operating system is OpenVMS.
    I'm at home now so can't try it myself, but: do your users use forms through some kind of a terminal emulator (on PC's) or (for example) Digital VT terminals? It is possible to print a hard copy of the screen on a printer attached to the terminal (F2 on the keyboard).
    I wonder is it possible to set F2 to redirect output to the file instead of a printer?

What about X-Windows running on the console? Would they do the job? I never tried it and don't know is it possible at all ...

The users connect to the UNIX server using telnet from their pc. They run the forms in vt 220. F2 might work, but I have to call it programmatically, it has to happen automatically in the background, no user intervention. I was playing around with running a form through a user exit and redirecting the ouput t a file, but I couldn't load the file afterwards, it was always a mess.

Well, how about attaching that output file over here, so we could download it and see it ourselves? Perhaps someone will find the way ...