Unhappy Unanswered: Carrying over fields in table - help

I'm trying to keep count differences to calculate an average count per unit. Can I bring down the last data instance in a field and place it in another field in the same table?
    Maybe the picture can make this whole thought clearer for you...
    Any ideas would be appreciated, I could use all the help offered as I kind of got sucked into this project and am not really fluent in access.

Each type of printer would need this function, but I have just shown 1 example of what I would like to accomplish...

I tried to add an image to this, don't kow what happened,
    please click this link for the table screen capture...
    Last edited by purpendicular; 04-20-04 at 18:48.

Re: Carrying over fields in table - help

Yes you can. Here is an example of an Update Query where one field is made to equal a second field

UPDATE Table1 SET FirstName = LastName;

However just so you know you don't need to store calculated fields in your tables as all your calcululations can be done using queries.

SELECT PageCount - LastKnownCount AS PageCountDifference
    FROM Table2;

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

So, using the image cap, will that work looking for the last known page count for a printer name that matches the previous instance of the printer name, or just the last page count...I'm still a little confused.. I need it to calculate by printer, so I can come up with an average page count per printer and per model (which is related to printer name on another table) this is to track toner usage.