Unanswered: very simple question

I've created a table in Access that I need to export to an Excel sheet at the end of every month. After I export it, I need to format the headings centered and bold. I don't want to have to manually format it every time, so do I save the file as a template that can be overwritten with new data month to month?

Sorry for asking such a basic question but I really don't know.

very simple answer

Hi,

After you've exported your data to an Excel file, open it in Excel. Then go to Tools, Macros, Record Macro. Format your headers the way you want and then click on the Stop Recording button. Save the macro to your Personal.xls file and give it a name that you'll remember. Next month just open the new file in Excel and go to Tools, Macros, and select the macro you created and it will do the formatting for you.

This is assuming that your headers don't change over time.

I've set up a macro in Access to transfer the table to the same Excel spreadsheet month after month, just overwriting the data but leaving the headers formatted.

This may be more than you want to do…
    You can setup a spreadsheet with a macro that will attach to your database, run the query, and return the rows for you. Then have it format the headers and whatever else you want; like add totals at the end, make a chart, print, anything you would normally do after it is in Excel.
    It takes some time to develop but then all you do is run the macro.