Unhappy Unanswered: Re-phrased w more details (SQL is giving different row counts)

Hi,

...giving a very 'summarized' scenario of the problem I have trying to
    solve all day (make it 2 days now).

Below are the relevant DDLs... I am not listing the DDLs of my other tables:

CREATE TABLE [SalesFACT] (
    [UniqueProdCode] [varchar] (10),
    [TransDate] [varchar] (10),
    [SaleAmt] [float],
    [CustCode] [varchar] (10)
    . . .
    )

I populate the above table via a DTS and have checked and have verified that correct data is coming in... I also have a product master table; for business reasons we can have the same product created with different ProductCodes though the rest of the Product details are EXACTLY the same. We have covered this using a field named 'UniqueProdCode'.

CREATE TABLE ProdMaster(
    [ProdCode] [varchar] (10),
    [ProdName] [varchar] (35),

[UniqueProdCode] [varchar] (10),

... many other product fields e.g. unit price, category etc...
    )

First a small Request:
    Please note that I have NOT defined links between my tables (in the diagram editor) nor have I defined Primary keys (or any constraint) for any of the tables. When you kindly reply, please suggest I should define primary keys for the tables and also link them in the diagram editor.

THE PROBLEM:
    When I do a count(*) query on the table 'SalesFACT', I get the correct number of records.

If I create a view, add table 'SalesFACT' and table ProdMaster, link the
    UniqueProdCode field of table 'SalesFACT' with the UniqueProdCode field of ProdMaster (so that I can also get the name, category, etc. for the products in the SalesFACT), and run a count(*) query I get a much higher and incorrect number of rows. The SQL for the view is:

SELECT dbo.SalesFACT.TransDate, dbo.SalesFACT.UniqueProdCode,
    dbo.SalesFACT.SaleAmt
    FROM dbo.SalesFACT INNER JOIN dbo.ProdMaster ON dbo.SalesFACT.UniqueProdCode = dbo.ProdMaster.UniqueProdCode

Kindly note that I have checked and the contents of the table SalesFACT' UniqueProdCode field DOES contain the correct data i.e. it contains the UniqueProdCode and NOT the ProdCode.

But if i link the "wrong fields", I get the correct count count i.e. I create a very similar view (as mentioned above) but instead link the UniqueProdCode of table SalesFACT with the ProdCode field (not the UniqueProdCode field) of ProdMaster
    table I get the correct count. This is really driving me nuts and I just can't understand what's going on. For your convenience here is the SQL for the 2nd view:

SELECT dbo.SalesFACT.TransDate, dbo.SalesFACT.UniqueProdCode,
    dbo.SalesFACT.SaleAmt
    FROM dbo.SalesFACT INNER JOIN dbo.ProdMaster ON dbo.SalesFACT.UniqueProdCode = dbo.ProdMaster.ProdCode

Please guide... I have run out of all the things that I could check and thus this SOS and F1

Billions of thansk in advance.

in prodMaster you heve not unique UniqueProdCode

try this

select UniqueProdCode from prodMaster
    group by UniqueProdCode
    having count(*)>1