Unanswered: Access Rights Corruption

I've got a real pain of a problem regarding access to my own database (with accounts set up for several other users). I'm currently set up as being the admin user, but before I even open my database, a .ldb file exists indicating the database is already opened!!

When I try to open the database i get either a message saying it has been locked by user 'admin' and throws me out or it opens but then does not allow me to make any modifications (msg: you do not have exclusive access at this time)!!

I can't get rid of the .ldb file but know that if i can somehow get rid of whatever corrupt locked access is on my db and in turn make the log file (.ldb) disappear, then i should then be able to gain full access.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Re: Access Rights Corruption

Originally posted by markb_1984
    I've got a real pain of a problem regarding access to my own database (with accounts set up for several other users). I'm currently set up as being the admin user, but before I even open my database, a .ldb file exists indicating the database is already opened!!

When I try to open the database i get either a message saying it has been locked by user 'admin' and throws me out or it opens but then does not allow me to make any modifications (msg: you do not have exclusive access at this time)!!

I can't get rid of the .ldb file but know that if i can somehow get rid of whatever corrupt locked access is on my db and in turn make the log file (.ldb) disappear, then i should then be able to gain full access.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Try rebooting. It sounds like access has not released a previous session yet ...

Re: Access Rights Corruption

To provide a further insight, I'm accessing my database using citrix (as it is located on a remote server)!!!

The operations of this server are completely out of my hands, so the nearest I can do to a re-start is through disconnecting the citrix session and then logging back on.

No matter how many times I do this though, the .ldb (log file) remains. It's driving me mad when it keeps saying 'admin' user has exclusive access when i'm configured as admin???

I don't suppose there's any way from either within access or from windows explorer, to force it to release a previous session???
    Last edited by markb_1984; 04-21-04 at 10:26.

For some bizzare reason, by creating a duplicate copy of the db, accessing it, logging out, deleting it and going back to the orig. db seems to have done the trick.

Hope itd the last I see of that ugly problem, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thanks for your help!